Showing 1-20 of 22 products
We pay so much attention to what we write in business emails but not much attention to what goes on at the end of it. But believe it or not, email signatures are as important as the email body and subject.
When someone gets an email with sloppy looking or unprofessional email signatures with inaccurate information, it negatively impacts their opinion about the business. So, as a business, you need to ensure that all your employees have accurate email signatures that are consistent with your brand’s logo, colors, fonts, etc.
But doing all this manually can be challenging, especially if you want to include GIFs, live banners, and graphics in email signatures. To be able to do this, you’d need to invest in an email signature system.
To help you select email signature software that’s right for your business, we’ve created this buyers guide
Here's what we'll cover:
- What is email signature software?
- Common features of email signature software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of email signature software
- Key considerations
What is email signature software?
Email signature software is a tool that helps businesses standardize their email signatures. Businesses can create professional-looking email signatures using templates and customize them with brand colors, font, social icons, etc.
The software allows integrating ad banners, social media links, promotional banners, and blog links within email signatures. It can provide insights on metrics such as the number of emails sent, opened, clicked, etc.
Signature management in WiseStamp (Source)
Common features of email signature software
Here are some common features most buyers seek when purchasing an email signature tool.
Allows you to design email signatures from premade templates. You can choose the font style, colors, images, logo with email disclaimers, sender designation, etc.
Allows you to make changes to the default template. For instance, you can change banners and photos, and the changes will be automatically updated in signatures across your organization.
Allows you to create email signatures specific to a campaign. You can add marketing campaign banners in all email signatures and share sales updates, blogs, company news, and upcoming events. You can choose from a sample banner gallery or and upload your own banners.
Offers an image library where you can store images used in your emails. You can use and reuse these images.
Reporting and analytics
Provides email marketing analytics that offers insights about real-time clicks on banners or other links within emails. You can also get information about the number of senders, templates used, receiver response rate, etc. to gauge the effectiveness of your emails.
What type of buyer are you?
Before you start evaluating email signature platforms, you'll want to know which buyer category you belong to. Most buyers belong to one of the below categories.
- Startups (fewer than 100 employees) and small businesses (up to 500 employees): These buyers are companies with a limited number of employees. So they’d need basic features such as signature management with premade email templates and personalized disclaimers. They might also want to integrate banners or images with company information, blogs, and updates.
- Small businesses: Businesses with fewer than 100 employees should look for email signature solutions that track analytics. These solutions can inform marketers if, when, and how often recipients open their emails and which links are clicked to improve email delivery times, designs, call-to-action language, and more.
- Midsize and large enterprises (over 500 employees): These buyers have more senders and would prefer customized email signatures across departments but with uniform branding elements. So they can look for advanced features such as multiple link integration in email signatures, multiple live marketing banners, and advanced analytics.
There are several benefits of using email signature software. Here are a few of them.
- Ensures branding consistency: The tool lets you create a consistent style of email signatures with colors, font, images, etc. unique to your brand. This helps you project uniform branding to your customers and partners.
- Enables centralized management: Using an email signature tool, you can create and manage iterations of email signatures (in terms of branding related changes) across the departments. Any changes get synced across immediately.
- Allows signature customization: The tool lets you customize signatures for different departments while keeping the branding consistent.
Keep a few things in mind when you set out to invest in an email signature system. Some of the important considerations are:
- Discuss with your brand and marketing teams before picking this kind of tool. The tool must offer optimum features to maintain branding consistency and take care of marketing needs such as the ability to insert banner ads and event updates in email signatures.
- Ensure that the product you choose is easy to use. You can ascertain this by taking a demo or trying out the free version. Ease of use will help you save money on employee training later on and will ensure easier adoption in the organization.
You must also check out the user reviews of different products on Software Advice. If you still have any questions or need any advice, just schedule a free call with us.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and isn’t intended as an endorsement or a recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.