Showing 1-20 of 292 products
ClearCompany is a software system that works for human resources (HR) and recruiting teams across both public and private industries. The ClearCompany Talent Alignment Platform connects recruiting, new employee onboarding and performance... Read more
Recent recommendations: 112 recommendations
Workforce Ready by Kronos is a human resources (HR) platform that combines workforce management with human capital management (HCM) and talent management capabilities and is suitable for businesses of all sizes. It offers features... Read more
Recent recommendations: 87 recommendations
BambooHR is a cloud-based HR management software solution for small and midsize businesses. BambooHR offers small and growing companies a human resource information system (HRIS) that includes an applicant tracking system (ATS), time... Read more
Recent recommendations: 82 recommendations
The BirdDogHR Talent Management System offers cloud-based applicant tracking and performance management software for organizations in all industries, especially construction, manufacturing, engineering and skilled trades. The Talent... Read more
Recent recommendations: 81 recommendations
Paycor is an integrated cloud-based software suite that offers functionality to encompasses the entire employee lifecycle - from recruiting and onboarding to time and attendance management. Collectively, the solution offers tools for... Read more
Recent recommendations: 64 recommendations
EddyHR’s mission is to help small and midsize businesses move out of paper and spreadsheets, and into an intuitive, modern, all-in-one HR platform. EddyHR is unique because of its seamless combination of hiring, onboarding, and people... Read more
Recent recommendations: 64 recommendations
JazzHR is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applicant tracking system. Founded in 2009, JazzHR provides recruiting and hiring software accessible to businesses of all sizes. JazzHR’s sourcing tools enable users to post jobs, mirror... Read more
Recent recommendations: 57 recommendations
Namely offers a cloud-based solution for companies seeking a single comprehensive system to manage their human capital. Namely helps midsize companies manage compliance and streamline everything payroll, benefits and talent management. Namely... Read more
Recent recommendations: 54 recommendations
Dayforce, provided by Ceridian, is a cloud-based solution for Payroll, Benefits, Workforce Management, Human Resources, Talent Management, Document Management, and Analytics. As a single application, Dayforce provides organizations... Read more
Recent recommendations: 50 recommendations
The Applicant Manager (TAM) is a cloud-based applicant tracking solution that helps recruiting agencies and teams to streamline their hiring and onboarding process. The solution lets users track job postings and actively engage quality... Read more
Recent recommendations: 50 recommendations
Ascentis offers a cloud-based human capital management (HCM) suite designed for midsize companies of all industries. It includes HR and benefits, recruiting and onboarding, talent management, time and attendance and payroll. Ascentis... Read more
Recent recommendations: 39 recommendations
Support the entire candidate experience from start to finish with an end-to-end enterprise recruitment technology platform. iCIMS offers best-in-class recruiting products for your hiring life cycle, available as part of one unified... Read more
Recent recommendations: 36 recommendations
iSolved is a unified, cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solution that offers key workforce functions including payroll, HR, time and attendance and benefits enrollment, as well as people-centric functions such as learning... Read more
Recent recommendations: 35 recommendations
An applicant tracking system is the foundation of strategic talent management. ApplicantStack capably empowers all stakeholders: internal recruiters, hiring managers, administrators and—most importantly—applicants. ApplicantStack... Read more
Recent recommendations: 30 recommendations
Workzoom by Nortek is the all-you-need cloud-based people management platform that helps clients simplify HR, payroll, benefits, time, recruiting, performance, learning, expense management and much more. Workzoom has all the functionality... Read more
Recent recommendations: 22 recommendations
NetSuite SuitePeople is a cloud-based human capital management solution, which assists small to large businesses with employee acquisition and onboarding. Key features include payroll, workflow automation, time tracking, feedback collection,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 21 recommendations
EPAY Human Capital Management is an integrated HR system that helps midsize and large companies track, manage and pay their employees. EPAY Systems specializes in industries like business services, staffing, manufacturing, healthcare... Read more
Recent recommendations: 20 recommendations
ExactHire is cloud-based hiring software that offers applicant tracking, text recruiting, external job board posting, and offer letters. Optional integrated employee onboarding, background checking, and employee assessments are available. ExactHire... Read more
Recent recommendations: 19 recommendations
BerniePortal is a cloud-based human resources software platform for small and midsize employers. BerniePortal’s features address each phase of the employee lifecycle from hiring to COBRA administration including: applicant tracking,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 18 recommendations
SentricHR is a cloud-based Human Resources (HR) and payroll software designed for midsize and large businesses. It offers core HRIS, benefits, recruiting, talent management, time and attendance, absence management and payroll. SentricHR... Read more
Recent recommendations: 16 recommendations
As the job market gets more and more competitive, you need every edge you can get. A good candidate experience can give you that edge, and it starts the moment a potential candidate lands on your job listing—which is your only chance for a first impression. Job board software can also give candidates some insight into your company culture through your postings.
In this buyer's guide, we'll discuss the various features of job board software that can help human resources (HR) teams, recruiters and recruiting managers, as well as job listing websites reach the widest pool of candidates possible.
Here's what we'll cover:
What Is Job Board Software?
Job board software provides the tools businesses need to build out a customized careers page to post openings and accept applications without the need for complex coding knowledge. From a custom careers page, candidates get a better view of the company culture, its offerings, partners, values and more, because it's an extension of the company's main website.
In addition, job board software can help you integrate your careers page and job postings with your social media accounts. This can help you attract younger workers, since the new generation of job seekers prefers applying for jobs via social media platforms, such as LinkedIn.
Common Features of Job Board Software
Though job board software vendors vary in the depth and breadth of their offerings, there are some common features you'll find in most systems:
|Application management||Stores applications in a single database. Use of keyword-based searches allows users to quickly narrow down the most relevant candidates for a job.|
|Job management||Manage jobs posted on various websites and job boards, descriptions currently in draft stage, the number of applicants for a job and more from a single dashboard.|
|Billing and invoicing||Allows job posting websites to manage payments from recruiters and employers who are posting jobs. Also helps internal HR teams manage payments to consultants, external job boards, headhunters etc.|
|Built-in applicant tracking system (ATS)||Helps recruiters manage applicants and narrow down the field by allowing them to easily rate and review candidates during various stages of hiring. This information is shared with all stakeholders and helps eliminate unqualified candidates early on.|
|Matching engine||Automates resume filtering saving recruiters time, as they can upload an ideal resume for a job and the software searches the application database for the closest matches.|
|Resume posting and job search||Helps candidates autofill application forms using data from other job boards or an uploaded resume. This also automates the process of searching resumes for recruiters.|
Applicant management dashboard in iCIMS Recruit
What Type of Buyer Are You?
Job board software helps streamline recruiting by improving the initial stages of the hiring process. There are many solutions on the market, so it's important to match buyers with the right vendors.
Businesses that use job board software range from companies hiring people directly to job board websites where business can post their openings. Most buyers will fall into one of the following categories:
- Small businesses that are growing. In a startup, the first few employees might be friends, family or former colleagues. But as they grow and want to expand, they must widen their search. A branded careers page will help these businesses market their companies and build a database of promising candidates. In addition, these businesses should look for job board software that makes it easy post to Google and other job websites automatically.
- Businesses operating in multiple locations. These are generally midsize and larger businesses that need to hire candidates in different locations, and even different countries. They need a larger pool of candidates with specific skills and expertise. The matching engine feature of job board software can help them find the most suitable candidates through precise matching algorithms.
- Third-party hiring agencies. These agencies match professionals to specific jobs and also create a niche environment for recruiters and consultants to interact build their networks. One of the important features these businesses require is billing and invoicing in order to charge clients either per role or for the duration of services rendered.
Job Board Software Pricing
Job board software pricing primarily depends on the features you need. Specialized niche features such as API integration with third-party software and a dedicated account manager cost more. However, most software vendors provide a basic version or package to get you started. As your needs increase, you can upgrade your package with additional and/or more advanced features.
It's important to note that pricing is often based on number of admin users, job postings on external websites and level of customization required, as well as domains, or websites, where the software is used. There are two types of options for users:
- Choose a software vendor and create your job board through their platform
- Add a vendor's plug-ins to your existing technology setup
There are pros and cons to each option.
When using the vendor's platform, you are often able to add your own logo and customize the platform according to your branding. One downside to this scenario is that your data is hosted by a third-party, which could potentially be a risk in cases of a data breach. Hosting your data on your own allows you to be in control of the encryption and security. However, many third-party cloud-based servers offer strong encryption. Be sure to ask software vendors you're considering about their data storage capabilities.
On the other hand, using a plug-in requires an already established setup on your end. You can add the code to your website and customize it to your liking. However, this requires at least some coding knowledge.
Benefits of Job Board Software
Job board software offers benefits for recruiters and also improves the candidate experience. Here are some of the key benefits for both applicants and hiring managers:
- Customized career page with branding. Companies can design a careers page with their own branding style and logo, which helps to raise brand awareness and also attracts candidates who may already be familiar with the brand.
- Faster job postings. Software saves recruiters time spent on preparing job descriptions thanks to custom form fields and screening questions which help postings go live with just a click.
- Dashboard for easier management of applicants. Recruiters can manage all the applicants in a central location. They can also add insights and traffic data generated by the reporting/analytics feature to the dashboard.
- Integrations with other job boards and tools. Maximize your reach by integrating job board software with existing tools, such as applicant tracking, recruiting and talent management, as well as popular online job boards such as Monster and Indeed. This gives you a wider candidate pool to choose from.
- More seamless communication with candidates. Email templates with automated responses make it easier to communicate with candidates.
- Keyword-specific job searches and automatic alerts. Candidates can run keyword-specific searches and set alerts for specific skills or job types.
- Mobile job application capabilities. A mobile careers app is a necessity in the digital world and will attract candidates from a younger generation. When mobile is done right, it's a huge boost to the candidate experience and increases trust in the brand.
- Job postings on social media. Companies that integrate social media in their job boards are able to spread the word to a wider audience. Candidates are now highly savvy with social media. They follow brands they like and are eager to apply for job opportunities at their favorite companies.
Recent Events You Should Know About
When you're looking for job board software, it's helpful to understand a few of the current events in this industry.
JobzMall to make job-seeking more fun with immersive experience. JobzMall is a new website that claims to offer a "one-stop job-shopping destination." It avoids the simple blocks of text, offering an immersive visual experience. The website aims to reduce the dissatisfaction of spending hours searching for relevant jobs. Industries are represented as buildings on the website, with each company featured as a "shop." Different roles are "floors," and there are videos describing each role and company.
JazzHR raises $6.6 million for SMB-focused talent acquisition solutions. In October 2017, JazzHR raised funds worth $6.6 million to develop its recruiting solutions for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). The funds will also be used to further the company's market expansion plans.
AI may take over recruiting. Gartner notes in the recent report, "Transform Talent Acquisition With Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning" (content available to Gartner clients) that artificial intelligence (AI) will be included in more than 50 percent of talent acquisition apps by 2020.
AI was also a big theme at the the HR Technology Conference and Expo, held in Las Vegas in October 2017, with many HR software vendors such as SAP SuccessFactors, Oracle, UltiPro and Infor launching AI/machine learning-based recruiting tools. These aim to remove hiring bias and improve matching functionality to get the best-suited candidates for a job.